Saturday, Jan 8
At 12:11 p.m. the Fire Department got a 911 call from a woman at an Ayer Road apartment building, saying she was stuck in an elevator; however, she was able to get the elevator door to open before help arrived. At 8:08 p.m. a fire alarm sounded at a Woodchuck Hill Road home, but the cause was a faulty smoke detector. A few minutes later, however, at 8:16 p.m. an Old Littleton Road resident reported sparks and flames coming from the chimney. Engine 2, engine 4, and the tower truck went to the house. The fire had gone out on its own, but firefighters checked to make sure it had not spread beyond the chimney.
Monday, Jan. 10
At 7:57 p.m. the balky elevator in the Ayer Road apartment building led to another 911 call; but again the person was able to free herself.
The fire log is written by a Harvard Press reporter based on information gleaned from daily dispatch logs and interviews with fire department staff.