The Midland-Wachusett League, to which Bromfield belongs, now comprises 26 central Massachusetts schools, including those in the Worcester County Athletic Conference. Bromfield has chosen to compete this winter in two sports: basketball, and swimming and diving. For each sport, participating schools have been assigned to a six- to eight-member pod based on geographic proximity rather than school size. Swimming required two pods, while due to the number of schools offering the sport, basketball required nine.
Bromfield’s swimming and diving teams held their first Pod 2 meets last week against Advanced Math and Science Academy Charter School. Boys and girls basketball began their season Tuesday with games against Tahanto Regional High School. Their pod (Pod 9) includes seven other area schools: Ayer Shirley Regional High School, Montachusett Regional Technical High School, Murdock High School, South Lancaster Academy, Tahanto Regional High School, Trivium School, and West Boylston High School.
- 1/12 @ Tahanto Regional High School, 68-37 loss
- 1/14 vs. Tahanto Regional High School, 6 p.m.
- 1/18 vs. Trivium School, 4 p.m.
- 1/21 @Trivium School (471 Langen Road, Lancaster), 6 p.m.
- 1/12 vs. Tahanto Regional High School, 30-28 loss
- 1/14 @Tahanto Regional High School, 5 p.m.
- 1/19 @Murdock High School (3 Memorial Drive, Winchendon), 5 p.m.
Boys and Girls Swimming and Diving
- 1/9 vs. Advanced Math & Science Academy Charter School, 88-82 win
- 1/16 Tantasqua High School (Atkinson Swimming Pool, Sudbury), 2:30 p.m.
Upcoming games and meets are shown through Jan. 20. The @ symbol designates an away contest (though sometimes conditions require these to be held at a home venue).
—Compiled by John Osborn