Tuesday, June 28
At 7:45 a.m. a fire alarm went off at Town Hall, but investigation revealed a faulty detector, not a fire. Another alarm came in at 10:52 a.m. from Littleton County Road; this one was caused by a real estate agent testing the alarm system.
Friday, July 1
At 12:09 p.m. an alarm came in from a master box on Depot Road; fire officials determined it was set off accidentally.
Sunday, July 3
At 12:17 p.m. burned food set off an alarm at a Brown Road building. At 8 p.m. an alarm went off at a Prospect Hill Road home; the duty officer found carbon monoxide present and called in firefighters to ventilate the house.
Monday, July 4
At 5:06 p.m. a Myrick Lane resident called to say a smoke detector was going off in the house. Investigation showed that a water leak in the laundry above the detector had set it off.
The fire log is written by a Harvard Press reporter based on information gleaned from daily dispatch logs and interviews with fire department staff.